Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My Music MIx For Today

Today they are having a party at my office to celebrate my upcoming retirement. Knowing my interest in music they asked me to prepare some music to play. I prepared a CD and here is the playlist with song, artist, and composer.  I must say it is a pretty diverse set of music. And I included some youtube clips that are mostly the recordings but an occasional live performance mixed in.




1 My One And Only Love by John Coltrane & Johnny Hartman, written by Robert Mellin & Guy Wood

2 Love For Sale  by  Dexter Gordon written by Cole Porter


I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You) by Aretha Franklin,  written by Ronny Shannon


4. In Walked Bud  by Thelonious Monk, music by Thelonious Monk and lyrics by Jon Hendrick


5. You Used To Call Me by Clifton Chenier and written by Clifton Chenier



6. Flowers For Albert by the Skatalites and written by David Murray

7. Burgundy Street Blues by The George Lewis Band and written by George Lewis



8. Mercy, Mercy, Mercy by Cannonball Adderley and written by Josef Zawinul

9. When Something Is Wrong With My Baby by Charlie Rich and written by Isaac Hayes & David Porter


10. Petite Fleur  by Evan Christopher and written by Sidney Bechet


11. A Man And The Blues  by Buddy Guy and written by Buddy Guy



12. Jumpin' At The Woodside  by Count Basie Orchestra and written by William Basie 

13. Mr. Moonlight by Roy Lee Johnson and written by Roy Lee Johnson





No comments: